Thursday, January 11, 2018

Year-End Knitting Round Up, ROW80, and Winter Photos

Knitting round-up for year's end!

Last year my goals were to knit some wee hats and booties to go with the baby blankets I'd made.

I never actually did this. My other goals were:


"1. Finish knitting three more cowls
2. Think about buying expensive wool to make, slowly, methodically, and properly, a gorgeous design by Kate Davies
3. Organise all our photos and print a few, especially for our grandparents
4. Bake more!"

Number 1 never happened. I still dream about number 2. I sort of did number 3, especially as I didn't mean "our" grandparents, I meant our daughter's grandparents. I made two photobooks, but it's already time for the next one. Number 4 sort of happened, except that I haven't really tried any new recipes, but stuck to old favourites.

I posted a brief update in March, that I'd started a baby hat for a gift. Later, I shared the photo, as I actually finished it!

Some of my other posts throughout the year:

Photos from Mont Blanc, and knitting spies in wartime

Knitting in Canada

Starting a new baby blanket

Purchasing the wool

More photos from summertime travels, including Outlander-related sites

Finished blanket!

Why I didn't knit much: I went back to school, and I had a book published: Summer Fire release day post!

Somewhere in there I tried to pick up crochet again but I'm still stumped by the double crochet stitch. I need to watch more YouTube videos.

And now it's a new year. I don't really have any knitting or other craft goals for this year, except to not let them fall completely by the wayside. I need an excuse to knit something as a gift!

Quick update on my ROW80 goals: I'm doing well on entering the handwritten edits for The Handful of Time. Still need to get cracking on querying those other two stories before school starts.

Some winter photos!

Wintertime fondue!




I knit that hat a few years ago!


All the writing projects on the go...

Happy New Year!
What crafts are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment